Friday, May 29, 2009

5/30 Contacts and Chat Questions

Please add updates@feedmyinbox.com to your address book to make sure you receive these messages in the future.
Contacts and Chat Questions Feed My Inbox

International Video Chat Doesn't work?
May 29, 2009 at 9:19 pm

I cannot connect to any of my friends abroad this summer for the life of me!  We've video chatted across campus before using gmail, but it won't work now.. Any solution to this problem?


Question from dznatalie07 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

What happened? Contacts lost; saved e-mail gone; access to Google group gone. ??????????
May 29, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Suddenly, for seemingly no reason I can figure out, I am no unable to access a google group that I've been using for about three weeks; it's a group set up by writers with whom I meet weekly, in person, but we intended and have actually used the group to disseminate information between our meetings.I expected greater reliability from GOOGLE.

 

Additionally, I had a CONTACT list for email. That's gone, as is most of the mail I believed to be saved in that storage space larger than the where I live. What's the point of GOOGLE providing all that storage if it can be trashed in an instant?

 

 SURELY THERE MUST BE BACK UP SOMEWHERE SO THAT LOST INFORMATION AND CONNECTIONS CAN BE RESTORED. OR IS THAT TOO MUCH TO EXPECT?


Question from sondratee in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I see new contacts automatically show up on my Gmail list
May 29, 2009 at 8:46 pm

For a long time I have use Gmail as a gateway to my company email. Using the Gmail storage and service, however my clients dont get to see my gmail account, only my domain account.

However for the past few weeks, these contacts have shown on my Gtalk account automatically. It seems gmail add anyone I send an email with a @gmail.com

How can I avoid this.


Question from JZA in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How can I sync Google Contacts with Lotus Notes 8.5 ?
May 29, 2009 at 6:56 pm




Question from renang2008 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

how can i send chat messages without my return key??
May 29, 2009 at 6:16 pm

is there any way to have a "send" button?


Question from cec29 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

my return key is broken . . . can I still send chat messages???
May 29, 2009 at 6:08 pm




Question from cec29 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

my picture isn't showing up when i scroll over it on chat!!!
May 29, 2009 at 5:25 pm



Question from saysay5487 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

hi, will the person that I blocked be able to see my display pic..
May 29, 2009 at 5:10 pm

I know he cannot see me in the chat list.. but then not sure if he can see my pic from our previous conversations. Please advice.


Question from plzanswer in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

In chat, on pop out I get maximized window
May 29, 2009 at 4:27 pm

There are three statuses of chat window on gmail :
1. Popped in status, in which the chat window remains attached to the right hand edge.
2. Restore down status, which arrives when you pop out the window.
3. Maximize status, which arrives when you pop out the window and then maximize it.

Logically, "restore down" should appear before maximized window. But, I get maximized window on pressing the pop-out button. It is very annoying because when I press the pop-out, the chat window fills up the entire screen. Then I have to restore it down everytime. I want it to go back to the default setting, where, on popping out, the chat window remains "restore down".

It seems another person is also suffering the same problem

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=257ebef6e5fd0a18

Since this gentleman did not receive any answers since past few days, I deemed it correct to repost the problem.


Thank you for your time, and your helps is greatly appreciated.


Question from Praneshpranesh in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

how i iknow aperson blocked me chat with him
May 29, 2009 at 2:44 pm



Question from hrushianil in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

ieven if aperson bloked me can he get mychat when he is in offlline after sighn in
May 29, 2009 at 2:32 pm



Question from hrushianil in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

how i know aperson denied or not my chat showing he is always off line
May 29, 2009 at 2:12 pm



Question from hrushianil in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

1 how iknow when a person reciev my mail 2.how iknow when he recieve the chat sent when he is off line
May 29, 2009 at 2:10 pm



Question from hrushianil in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

Why Did My Chat List Disappear?
May 29, 2009 at 2:04 pm

A day or so ago my chat list disappeared.  Have no idea why that happened.  I've tried to add people to the list and the system indicates they will be added to my chat list but there still is NO chat list.  It's supposed to be right above the label box.  The only name there is mine but none of the other people that I've tried to add, people that I chat with every day.  What's going on ?


Question from orionus7 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

How do you set up web/chat video?
May 29, 2009 at 1:15 pm




Question from jbjeanettebrown in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

finding out who set up forwarding email for dali.com through gmail
May 29, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I was brought in to clean up the company website at Dali.com. Now I'm trying to figure how the email system was setup. From what I understand instead of having the email on the server. Whoever set it up have it go through Gmail. Can you confirm this and how I access that account? Here's the header from a sent message:

From - Fri May 29 09:37:49 2009
X-Account-Key: account2
X-UIDL: 1243614867.603904.p3plgemini04-05.prod.phx.1074551104
X-Mozilla-Status: 0001
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:                                                                                
Received: (qmail 28912 invoked from network); 29 May 2009 16:34:27 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO p3presmtp01-17.prod.phx3.secureserver.net) ([208.109.80.166])
          (envelope-sender <sophia@dali.com>)
          by p3plsmtp04-01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (qmail-1.03) with SMTP
          for <leesloca@daliexpert.com>; 29 May 2009 16:34:27 -0000
Received: (qmail 26219 invoked from network); 29 May 2009 16:34:26 -0000
Received: from mail-pz0-f107.google.com ([209.85.222.107])
          (envelope-sender <sophia@dali.com>)
          by p3presmtp01-17.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP
          for <leesloca@daliexpert.com>; 29 May 2009 16:34:26 -0000
Received: by pzk5 with SMTP id 5so5959782pzk.14
        for <leesloca@daliexpert.com>; Fri, 29 May 2009 09:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.142.43.7 with SMTP id q7mr865987wfq.160.1243614862831;
        Fri, 29 May 2009 09:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <sophia@dali.com>
Received: from ?192.168.1.107? (static-71-189-164-34.lsanca.fios.verizon.net [71.189.164.34])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id 20sm4431397wfi.20.2009.05.29.09.34.20
        (version=SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5);
        Fri, 29 May 2009 09:34:21 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <4A200E67.3050609@dali.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:33:43 -0700
From: Sophia Cesaro <sophia@dali.com>
Reply-To: sophia@dali.com
Organization: The Salvador Dali Society
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (Windows/20090302)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Lee Sloca <leesloca@daliexpert.com>
Subject: TEST
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Nonspam: None


Question from LeeSloca in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

Sharing contacts/groups between two gmail accounts
May 29, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Is there any way to share contacts/groups between two gmail accounts without exporting/importing to/from .csv, so that contacts could remain in sync and groups would be maintained?

From what I've read here it seems the answer is no.  If that's true, any idea if google is planning on adding it as a feature in the future?


Question from DaveDiLorenzo in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

cant send IM
May 29, 2009 at 11:45 am

Everytime I send IM ,get message she didnt  get it,Why is that


Question from dennisr45 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

IM problem
May 29, 2009 at 11:20 am

When i send message to my contact,get message back that she didnt get message.What does that mean?


Question from dennisr45 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

My Regular Contacts are Not Appearing on the Left of my Gmail Screen.
May 29, 2009 at 10:36 am

My Regular Contacts are Not Appearing on the Left of my Gmail Screen.  Therefore, we are unable to Chat with one another.  I believe a Mozilla update occurred which I could not cancel earlier this week.  Any help restoring my Chat Contacts would be greatly appreciated.


Question from sharon10 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

5 replies

delayed offline chat notifications
May 29, 2009 at 10:12 am

I've been getting a LOT of delays in my offline chats. I stay invisible a lot so often times people will message me when I'm not really signed on and I will usually see the chat notifications in my inbox the next time I log in.

Lately though, I'll be logged into gmail with no new emails and then all of a sudden, the gchat notification email will pop up but will be embedded in my inbox at the time that the message was originally sent. For example, someone gchatted me at 11:30pm last night and I've been signed into gmail for the last hour (9am to 10am) and did received a bunch of emails from 11:30 last night through this morning but no notification of miss chats. And then all of a sudden the notification just popped up randomly in the middle of my inbox.

What is up with that??


Question from jeansbeannie in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

contact question
May 29, 2009 at 9:46 am

I've not had this account to long, and can't import my outlook express address book. I want to populate my contact list but a csv file is going to take to long for me. I emailed all my old contacts from my outllook express address book and asked them to email my gmail account. How to I add their addresses from the message they sent to gmail into my my gmail contact list ( like the "add sender to contacts" like outlook express does"?


Question from The Pheonix in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

After downloading a Contact image, the picture doesn't appear with the Contact?
May 29, 2009 at 9:25 am



Question from Buckman3070 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Outlook contacts not importing ot Gmail correctly
May 29, 2009 at 8:39 am

I just purchased a G1 phone and must use gmail to upload and update my contact list. I am fine with this, but if I can't get this problem resolved I will have to take my phone back and go back to a Blackberry.

 

I consider myself very computer literate and have imported cvs files into many programs with no problems.

I exported my Outlook Contact list and imported them into gmail. While the name and emails import correctly. All other information is dumped into the "Notes" section.

 

I have tried this many times, many different ways and I am still unable to make a call or send a text from my contact list on my phone.

 

I even deleted all my contacts in gmail, created a contact manually by placing all the correct information in the correct fields then exported my new list. I used that list (with the one contact) as a template to then copy and paste my contacts into under the gmail headings and then imported this updated list into gmail. The results were even worse! The names ended up in the email field (along with the email address) and while all the information was there it was not in correct places.

 

Please help me so I don't have to return my phone! I like all the other features it offers!

Thanks!

Niki


Question from nikig in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

HOW DO I DISCONNECT MY WEBCAM IN THE CHAT?
May 29, 2009 at 6:53 am



Question from Eva sweden in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

changed my chat picture and now my friends can not see it.
May 29, 2009 at 6:02 am



Question from rajeshmakhija10 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Two different contacts have the same name in the chat list, and when I change one, the other also changes.
May 29, 2009 at 5:53 am

Two different contacts have the same name in the chat list, and when I change one, the other also changes.
One is a e-mail list, and the other is one of the persons that can reply from this list. There are more people that can reply from this list, but only this contact is affected, could there be some setting that he have to change?


Question from darthjpp in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

want to recover deleted all chat(on and off record) history
May 29, 2009 at 4:00 am

want to recover deleted all chat(on and off record) history


Question from piyalmitra in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How do I locate the person that has the gmail account?
May 29, 2009 at 2:17 am

I have been scammed and am now having to fight for my life/livelyhood to prove my innocence. I would like to know if someone knows how to locate the person behind a gmail email address.


Question from angelnthsky1211 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Can I send one last sms message without a reply?
May 28, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I have a friend who I have sent 3 sms messages to, but she did not reply to them (because they were designed to be one way messages).  So, yesterday, I needed to ask her for some help, but couldn't send any sms messages.  Fortunately, I had another account (my semi-profesional account), and I was able to send a message from there.  She did reply, and now, any messages she sends me goes to that account.  I tried to give her the number that I was told goes to this account, but it still goes to my other account.  Is there any way I could send one last message and have her reply, or there should be some way to renew the 3 message limit (say 3 messages a week or something like that, even that is still small, but it's managable).

Thank You.


Question from TBOL3 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

ive inported e/mail from phildot91@talktalk.net to my prwebb63@googlemail site,but its disabled my old address.
May 28, 2009 at 9:48 pm

transfered from origanal and now disabled.


Question from prwebb63 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply
 

This email was sent to riku221199@gmail.comCreate Your Account
Don't want to receive this feed any longer? Unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment