Saturday, May 30, 2009

5/31 Contacts and Chat Questions

Please add updates@feedmyinbox.com to your address book to make sure you receive these messages in the future.
Contacts and Chat Questions Feed My Inbox

Gmail Profile Pictures
May 30, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I can't see any of my contacts' profile pictures, all I see is the default picture. I can see my profile picture, but no one else's show up. I'm certain that they have pictures uploaded, and this problem started occurring about a month ago. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies, as well as switching themes, but none of these have fixed the problem.

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem, and how it can be solved!


Question from ghoststop in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How to get Contact Manager?
May 30, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Hello:

 

I'd like to add some Contacts, and make a group of them, but when I click on "Contacts", none of the buttons for adding contacts or groups is there.  It's as though I don't have Contact Manager at all.  The help file says to upgrade to a "fully supported browser'--which I think I have, in the form of IE 7.0+--or click "Newer Version in your account," which I couldn't find.

 

I hate computers.

 

Thanks,

Jeff


Question from jeffweisend in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I get Chat, but can't Chat back.
May 30, 2009 at 9:13 pm

When one of my contacts sends me a Chat, I get that, but when I try to Chat back, it looks like it's working, buy they don't ever get anything from me.


Question from msayre50 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I cant follow the help screen for importing my outlook express address book
May 30, 2009 at 7:45 pm

The help screen says go to the CONTACTS page, and click on IMPORT.

 

But, my CONTACTS page does not have an IMPORT buton.


Question from cetnbat in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How can we manage the CHAT LIST?
May 30, 2009 at 7:00 pm

We are relatively new to Gmail but have pored over as much as we could find about managing the chat list. We still do not understand how names appear on this list. It appears to be random selection from our contacts list. There were 4 on the list we didn't know and one who was deceased but we couldn't get rid of them. Finally discovered the "Never show"  and "Block" commands but when we remove a name using one of those options, other names suddenly and inexplicably appear from our chat list. They included people we haven't communicated with in YEARS or were auto-added to the contact list (like "Info@..." addresses).  PLEASE! Can someone explain how WE can control the contents of the chat list, that is, how to  remove names without the random appearance of others? It's enough to make us go back to the wretched AOL--where at least we had control of the buddy list.  (Sorry for being so long winded, but wanted to give enough detail for someone to be able to respond. THANK YOU!)


Question from jcamcool in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Loading up my photo
May 30, 2009 at 6:43 pm

When my photo showed up, I trimmed it, and pressed Apply Changes. When I look at my name, the photo that I chose did not show up. Any ideas?


Question from orangegirl in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I am not able to add my picture in my gmail account.
May 30, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Hey friends,

I was trying to add my picture in my gmail chat account but was not successful. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Bye


Question from satishsdfasdfsdfsd in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

How do I get my picture to show up in chat?
May 30, 2009 at 4:52 pm




Question from christinedeveau in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

How do you delete names from the AIM Chat?
May 30, 2009 at 4:39 pm



Question from thom9598 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

SMS not working in gmail chat
May 30, 2009 at 3:53 pm

when i type in the phone number of someone i wish to send an SMS in the Chat box, the Send SMS option does not appear in the drop down menu. My wife tired it wth her account and it worked perfectly




Question from yussel in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

change status button from invisible to visible
May 30, 2009 at 3:25 pm

How do I change the status button back from red to green (online, offline or busy), and even write a personal word concerning my current status?

Recently I changed my button from green to red because I was very busy. Perhaps I clicked on Invisible also. Now I want to change back and I don't see the say to do that.

Today I noticed the option that said I was invisible, make visible. I clicked it. Presumably I am visible now but the button is still red.
I no longer see how to change the button to green to let people know it is okay to contact me.


Question from sucern in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

current song not displayed
May 30, 2009 at 3:21 pm

whenever i play song on media player it doesnt get displayed in my status even if choose show current playing track!! pls help me out??


Question from haxmania88 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

when installation of ggle voice and video chat is complete and restart, the brwser shows a blank page!.
May 30, 2009 at 2:01 pm



Question from raveendran in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Contact deleted
May 30, 2009 at 1:59 pm

All contacts are gone, how??? i dont understand. It happened yesterday i was loggin-in and i get msg sayin your password is not strong enough, i need to change it.

 

Its the first time i see this, where did all my contacts go???????????????? GMAIL please help


Question from LINAKALEN in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

how to become idle..
May 30, 2009 at 1:50 pm

some of my friends on my chat list go idle whenever they want without waiting 20 minutes. is there a way to do this without downloading anything such as changing settings?


Question from 21 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I changed my Gmail picture, but it's not showing the changed picture! The page itself hangs up and doesn't work at all.
May 30, 2009 at 1:42 pm



Question from soniquemaster in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

this is a terrible hoax and i suspect ID theft
May 30, 2009 at 12:37 pm

and i cant figure out how to inform gmail of this serious problem.  the message is copied below.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Account User,

 

This Email is from Gmail customer care and we are sending it to every Gmail accounts owner for safety. We are having congestion due to the anonymous registration of Gmail accounts so we are shutting down some Gmail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your User name, password, date of birth and your country information would be needed to verify your account.

 

Due to the congestion in all Gmail users and removal of all unused Gmail Accounts. Gmail would be shutting down all unused Accounts, you will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

* User name: ............................

* Password: ................................

* Date of Birth: ............................

* Country Or Territory: ....................



Warning!!!   Account owner that refuses to update his or her account within Seven days of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.


Question from barnbarn in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

my friends g-mail account is hacked,
May 30, 2009 at 11:23 am

Dear Sir / Madam

 

my friends g-mail account is hacked.

her address is rupali.kumari1@gmail.com

 

Regards,

 

Arvind


Question from arvindvys in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Find unknown contacts in "All Mail" to update my contacts?
May 30, 2009 at 10:46 am

I am trying to update my contacts.  So I can use it to find people on Facebook and LinkedIn, also to have access via an iPhone (my girlfriend's iPhone) to my contacts.  I have email on gmail from all the way back to 1999 because I uploaded through IMAP (which is SO awesome!).  Gmail is my primary email and I wanted to be able to search for old emails more efficiently.  Is there a means to search through emails for email addresses and phone numbers without having to search individually for each one?  I want to make sure I do not overlook someone I have lost contact with.

I realize this is a tactic of spammers and only want the ability to do this with my own emails within gmail.  I have just been slack about entering contacts as soon as they come in, all help is appreciated.


Question from John Franklin in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

i have a perfectly fine vid. cam but i never get the vidieo icon to pop up next to my name when i am on gmail.
May 30, 2009 at 10:35 am

 i really want to "vid" with my friends but i can't. when i try to click on the video and more it says "video not supported on the OS" and i would like to know what the problem is.


Question from nantucketgirl8 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

how do i disable voice and video from my gmail account?
May 30, 2009 at 9:22 am




Question from srikusuma in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

my chat list is not to be seen when browsed via firefox but it is there when using internet explorer.
May 30, 2009 at 8:36 am




Question from anjanazachariah in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

orkut chat history option is not available
May 30, 2009 at 8:25 am

Hi.

Please help me, how can i check orkut chat history. I have chatted with my friend on orkut and now i m not able to see that history in orkut and not even on gmail chat folder. Whereas i m able to see all my previous chats on gmail chat folder. Is there any such folder in orkut also. If yes, where would i find that. I have chack settings also. but no option i found.

Thanks.


Question from Monika0009 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Does any one know how to contact gmail about problems?
May 30, 2009 at 7:21 am

Are there any REAL living and breathing people out there who oversee the functioning/operations of Gmail problems?  Not other Gmail users.  We Gmail users are going around in circles with each other about something as simple as changing chat pictures.  Hear this:  IT IS NOT WORKING, HASN'T BEEN FOR WEEKS..FIX IT!!!!


Question from mcgrathinnola in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

Personal selected picture is not showing
May 30, 2009 at 5:38 am

I have selected from albums, from my pc, from the web... well, I've selected pictures from all the options and still no pictures shows up with my name on the chat. I can't see it, neither my contacts. What happens is I upload the picture, I see the editing window and as soon as I set it the pictures dissapears and instead of it a blank square with the word "picture" shows up. It happens with every option and with every single picture format. I really apprecaite some help here!
Thanks!


Question from fakeplastiklau in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

3 replies

how do you change your name for gmail chat?
May 30, 2009 at 12:24 am



Question from kairi789 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

google chat or google talk for a blackjack II
May 29, 2009 at 11:55 pm

How can I download and install google chat or google talk for my Blackjack II. I'm not sure if it is google chat or google talk that I should be looking for that is for the phone.

 

Thank you for your help


Question from crgibson1 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

3 replies
 

This email was sent to riku221199@gmail.comCreate Your Account
Don't want to receive this feed any longer? Unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment