Thursday, May 21, 2009

5/22 POP and IMAP Questions

Please add updates@feedmyinbox.com to your address book to make sure you receive these messages in the future.
POP and IMAP Questions - Google Help Questions from category: POP and IMAP Feed My Inbox

my inbox is getting flooded with an old DNS delivery failure message..how do i stop it?
May 21, 2009 at 10:55 pm

HELP?! ive set my gmail account on my mac so that on both my laptop and g5 get the same emails by telling it to send me the messages on from the server...now my inbox is getting flooded with an old DNS delivery failure message..how do i stop it?


Question from alexcerio in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

Downloading emails to Palm
May 21, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Out of the blue none of my current gmail emails will load on my Palm.  All other emails download.  As of the morning of May 19th non of the gmail messages download.  Have re-installed repeatedly and get the same 369 messages everytime.  It has to be a gmail issue it is the only thing not working on phone. Help!

 


Question from Lacinda in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

with pop I can specify only mails from a certain date be sent.How can I do this with imap? . Thank you
May 21, 2009 at 6:29 pm



Question from bajaleib in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

How Do You Download Emails from a Specific Label onto Your Machine
May 21, 2009 at 6:12 pm

How do you reference the label to download it into an IMAP folder?

I
have someone that needs to download 900 to 1,000 emails from a
particular person.

Wat I need is to be able to
download the emails per a particular label. I just need exact
directions on how to configure that.

Thanks,
Tony


Question from tonybianco in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

Only some of the emails get through to inbox in Apple Mail 3.0 on three different computers!
May 21, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Problem started few weeks ago, exists on three different computers and involves two different Gmail accounts.  After hours with Apple tech help we have tried restarting in Safe mode, used the Gmail suggestion of adding recent: username in the Apple set up and removed and added these accounts repeatedly.  I am using POP not IMAP.  Also on Gmail settings although I check "disable IMAP" and ssave, at another time the "Enable IMAP" shows up as checked while other settings remain unchanged.

Frustration.  Three computers are effected.  Help.

Doies anyone know an email address to contact GMail help directly?


Question from uncledoc in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

How do you import e-mails from MSN to new gmail account??
May 21, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Your instructions will not work. I get an error that says cannot import at this time. Cannot verify password with MSN e-mail address.


Question from Bern Nilson in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

converting from POP to IMAP with mail.app
May 21, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Hi, I would like to start using IMAP so my mail is synced when using a mail client (mail.app) but also via the web browser. however, i need to keep all my mail organised the same way it is in my POP mail folders on my client, but since i have just been forwarding and not keeping an eye on the web interface, I have tons of mailing list spam in there that I need to delete, and none of my mails are tagged or archived.

All of the help faqs I've read have been about setting up new accounts, and all of the blog posts I've read have talked about uploading old messages from a different mail account to gmail (whereas I want to keep everything in the same account).

If I deleted/archived all my mail currently on the web interface, and then copied my folders over by dragging and dropping in mail.app, would that work? I'm not even sure I could set up two different accounts though in mail.app (for IMAP and POP) to drag things between. Considering Gmail are pushing the benefits of IMAP so much, I'm surprised there's nothing on this already (or is there, and I just haven't been able to find it despite 2 hrs of web searching?)

Thanks,
Rachel


Question from spugmeistress in Gmail - POP and IMAP

1 reply

When I delete an email from my PDA it deletes it from my computer also. I recently switched from POP to IMAP.
May 21, 2009 at 3:57 pm




Question from MJMcCain in Gmail - POP and IMAP

1 reply

Sent email to google with no help... IMAP ISSUE on just ONE account!
May 21, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Sent this email below with NO HELP!  

I have several gmail accounts, even one hosted account. I use IMAP on my Mac via Mail.app and my iPhone and all IMAP folders/labels display just fine on all accounts.  This was set up several months ago.  I am now setting up these same accounts on my PC via Thunderbird and just this account is having issues.  It isn't displaying the Spam folder/label at all.  I have rest everything several time and even tried to set it up via Outlook with the same results.  I have run the Google POP and IMAP Troubleshooter app and it completes perfectly with my other accounts, but never completes running on this account.  It hangs at 33% and never moves.  This account is my most used account and I world very much appreciate any help to get this working again. Thank you!


Question from RonaldSullivan in Gmail - POP and IMAP

1 reply

IMAP [Gmail]/All Mail and getmail
May 21, 2009 at 1:50 pm

I am trying to use getmail to download my gmail as a backup. My getmailrc file has the following line:

mailboxes = ("[Gmail]/All Mail",)

This is the correct syntax from getmail's point of view (ie this is not a getmail issue).

However when I run getmail I get the following error:

IMAP error (command SELECT ('[Gmail]/All Mail',) returned NO)

Apparently this means that "[Gmail]/All Mail" does not exist.

My understanding is that it should exist - am I missing something about the way IMAP is set up on gmail?

Thanks

CL


Question from clearloon in Gmail - POP and IMAP

2 replies

i am trying to get my gmail through windows mail
May 21, 2009 at 12:28 pm

 it says  the connection to the server fas failed account pop.gmail.com server pop.gmail.com, protocol pop3, port 110 secure 110 secure no socket error 10060 error number 0x800cc0e.    what can i do to fix this


Question from cgoodman589 in Gmail - POP and IMAP

1 reply

i am trying to get my gmail through windows mail
May 21, 2009 at 12:28 pm

 it says  the connection to the server fas failed account pop.gmail.com server pop.gmail.com, protocol pop3, port 110 secure 110 secure no socket error 10060 error number 0x800cc0e.    what can i do to fix this


Question from cgoodman589 in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

how we use vidio chat facility
May 21, 2009 at 11:36 am



Question from ramiz in Gmail - POP and IMAP

1 reply

Can i set Googlemail up to deliver my email under my domain name?
May 21, 2009 at 11:22 am

I've recently bought a domain name and wondered if googlemail could host my email. My domain provider allows email forwarding to my googlemail but when i reply the recipient gets my googlemail address and not my domain address. Does anyone know how i can solve this?

Thanks


Question from Simon Vause in Gmail - POP and IMAP

1 reply

Non-gmail POP account is not listed to delete in Settings
May 21, 2009 at 11:12 am

Some time ago, I set up our ISP email address so the messages would be downloaded to my gmail inbox. I want to disable this, but the account is not listed in my settings under "Get mail from nother accounts" or "Check mail using POP3". I tried re-adding, then deleting, but it didn't help.


Question from jspatter in Gmail - POP and IMAP

Answered (2 replies)

Emails in Outlook 2007 using IMAP are shown in duplicate and triplicate.
May 21, 2009 at 10:47 am

I set up Gmail IMAP on a laptop and a desktop using Outlook 2007.  When sending/receiving messages and testing the functionality of the IMAP configuration, I notice that it now has the messages on both machines listed in duplicate and triplicate.  when accesing Gmail on web, the messages appear correctly, however I copied an email in my Laptop's outlook to a gmail folder (label) and it shows up in gmail.com website in duplicate.

 

what did I do wrong?  any input is appreciated.

 

- John M.


Question from johnjm04 in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

There was a problem connecting to www.spclmail.com
May 21, 2009 at 6:00 am

I am getting above mentioned error message while adding another account to my gmail account, please help me on this


Question from sachin.shapoorji in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

how do I set up Apple Mail to receive googlemail, does it matter if incoming mail pop address shows googlemail or gmail
May 21, 2009 at 5:54 am




Question from kp52 in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

how do i select POP Port 1100
May 21, 2009 at 5:50 am

I am using www.spclmail.com and gmail. I want to fetch my mails from spclmail .com, but i cannot set the port as 1100, please tell me how do i select the port as 1100. as this is really urgent please give me solution ASAP


Question from sachin.shapoorji in Gmail - POP and IMAP

2 replies

Continous logins
May 21, 2009 at 3:39 am

every time i want to check my email or bookmarks I need to login.  If I check an email then go out of email for a moment I am required to login again.  How do I turn off this feature?


Question from spookie94 in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

Need settings to configure G mail on Sony ericsson P1i
May 21, 2009 at 2:53 am

I have tried below steps to configure G mail on my PDA Sony Ericsson P1i.

But failed to send/receive mails. Please suggest.

 

The POP Gmail settings are reproduced below:

Basic Tab
Account Name: Gmail (or whatever you want)
Your Name: (Your choice)
Email Address: yourGmailID@gmail.com
Connection Type: POP3


Inbox
Incoming server address: pop.gmail.com
Username: yourGmailID@gmail.com
Password: ****
Download restrictions: (Your Choice)
Limit is set to: (Your Choice)
Receive using group: (Your Pre-configured Internet Connection - 3G/GPRS)


Outbox
Outgoing server address: smtp.gmail.com
Use SMTP authentication: Yes
Use Inbox login details: Yes (automatically load your inbox configuration)
Send using group: Same as receive (Your Choice)


More > Advanced

Incoming
Secure connection: SSL
Incoming mail port: 995


Outgoing
Secure connection: SSL
Outgoing mail port: 465 or 587 (Choose one)
Use MIME encoding: (Your Choice)


IMAP settings:
The same as above except for:

Inbox
Incoming server address: imap.gmail.com
Connection type: IMAP

Incoming
Secure connection: SSL
Incoming mail port: 993



Question from 9899.pankaj in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet

IMAP Spam folder missing in both Thunderbird and Outlook 2007
May 21, 2009 at 1:46 am

I have set up my gmail IMAP account several times on both outlook 07 and thunderbird.  I look for the [Gmail]Spam to map my Junk folder to, but it isn't listed.  I see the folder on my iPhone, but not on these desktop clients.  Am I missing a setting somewhere? 


Question from RonaldSullivan in Gmail - POP and IMAP

1 reply

How do I get Legit?
May 21, 2009 at 12:38 am

This is definitely the wrong venue for this question, but perhaps someone can point me to the right place.



I'm developing an app that aggregates email information for users from
various sources and does interesting things with the data for the
user.  As part of our app we collect email headers from various email
accounts, including gmail.



We access email headers over IMAP. So far it's been working great, but
over the last couple of days it seems like our server's ip has been
getting blocked - our software continues to work with other webmail
providers but Gmail won't connect.  When we move to a new machine with
a different IP it works fine again, so I assume we're doing something
alarming by accessing several account from one physical machine and
getting blacklisted.



I don't want to do anything nefarious or be seen to be doing so -- is
there some mechanism for assuring Google that we're not spammers or
conducting a (very lame!) DOS attack or something?  I know there are
many other products that mashup Gmail data for their customers, so I
hope there is a way I can Get Legit.



Thanks!

Rod


Question from Rod Frey in Gmail - POP and IMAP

No replies yet
 

This email was sent to riku221199@gmail.comCreate Your Account
Don't want to receive this feed any longer? Unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment