Saturday, May 23, 2009

5/24 Contacts and Chat Questions

Please add updates@feedmyinbox.com to your address book to make sure you receive these messages in the future.
Contacts and Chat Questions Feed My Inbox

How to capture photo of contact during video chat
May 23, 2009 at 7:14 pm

In GMail video chat I can see my contact in a window and I can see myself in a smaller window inside the larger. She can see me and herself in the same manner. She can capture a photo of me from the window she sees. I would like to know how to capture a photo of her in the same manner.


Question from EKDeck in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

installing plugin for video chat caused wireless internet radio freeze up on my thinkpad t400- vista, IE 8
May 23, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I installed the plugin for video chat within internet explorer 8.   The next thing I knew, my wireless stopped working.  Even after restarting, I could not access my network settings without the computer freezing up and I could not turn my wireless radio on or off without getting a "not responding" error message.   After uninstalling the plugin, everything is completely fine again.   I was told by my lenovo tech support (who adamantly wanted me to uninstall IE 8 and get a new operating system) that IE 8 and vista are notoriously incompatible with things.    Is google aware that the plugin causes such a huge problem once installed in some machines?   Is it a vista issue? Is it an IE 8 issue?   Is microsoft to blame in this situation?


Question from mikefromohio13 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How can I set all Chat contacts in "auto" mode at once?
May 23, 2009 at 6:08 pm

How can I set all chat contacts in "auto" mode at once? Some off them I put them in "never" without my intention erasing them with Pidgin and now I dont know wich one of them! I dont want to search contact by contact!
Please Help!


Question from Hugo in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

comment on hard-coded, pre-defined groups
May 23, 2009 at 4:57 pm

From reading through the various threads here I see that some discussion of the subject of hard-coded pre-defined groups has come up, of the "how to" variety. I didn't notice anyone taking issue with this.

So then, with apologies and from the heart of a devoted fan of gmail:

Arrgh!

I hope this will be changed in a future release. Is anybody with me? Am I the only user who feels that barring me from changing a group has a whiff of
Microsoft-think to it? It's a bit like the way in Windows you can't delete the "My this" and "My that" folders because it just keeps re-creating them. Please don't take offense. Nothing personal! Just trying to emphasize that reducing/removing options tends to induce strong feelings. Keep up the good work!

By the way, the only way I found out for sure I was barred from deleting pre-defined groups was to go to the old version of g-mail. In the new version if you go to a pre-defined group that's empty (as mine are) all the editing buttons are greyed out so there's no way to get to the warning message that tells you you're barred from making changes.

Cheers,

Larry




Question from lholyoke in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How do I keep my chat from being disabled?
May 23, 2009 at 4:53 pm



Question from ethansmitty in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

Answered (2 replies)

How can I keep my group name in the "To" area of an email and not each persons' name listed. thanks.
May 23, 2009 at 2:03 pm




Question from jjppss in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

i have a crusial problem with my discusions section..
May 23, 2009 at 1:10 pm

with no reason it is off..it skows that ''Πραγματοποιήσατε έξοδο από το Gmail. Για να επανενεργοποιήσετε τη δυνατότητα συζήτησης, πρέπει να συνδεθείτε ξανά.''which means that i've gone out of gmail and that i have to conect again..nothing of it hapened..please help me..i am away from my family and i want to comunicate..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..


Question from kosmic in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

how to add a contact
May 23, 2009 at 1:07 pm

I want to add a contact to my list.  There is no add contact button in my gmail contact manager.  How the heck does one add a contact?


Question from seabag43 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Just over the last few days my contacts won't load up when I click on my contacts folder
May 23, 2009 at 12:35 pm

When I forward an email I open it into a new window, go to my contacts folder as if beginning a new mail.  I copy and paste the contacts into the email that is to be forwarded.

 

As for the past few days, I click on "Contacts" so that I can pick the contacts that I want to use.  I get the continuous hourglass and have to close down the window using Ctl-Alt-Delete.


Question from dkb43 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

how do I contact gmail administrators? GOOGLE HAS SOLD MY ADDRESS TO SPAMMERS!!!
May 23, 2009 at 11:28 am

I started to fill out a 'work for google' page (this is the ONLY time I have ever attempted to fill out an online application- it was never even submitted), then thought better of it and closed the page. since then my spam box generates HUNDREDS of messages every day- now I'm getting spam from ME! I really feel violated- and sorry I ever opened the account.


Question from julshz in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

My picture not displayed on chat
May 23, 2009 at 10:17 am

In spite of loading my picture, and keeping the option on 'always show', my picture cannot be seen on the chat window. Thogh the thumbnail can be seen on the settings page


Question from Vikas Hotwani in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

How can you automatically download gmail chats and store them locally?
May 23, 2009 at 10:03 am

I would like to download all gmail chats and store them locally as I back up all my mail with IMAP.  If it's not possible with IMAP is it possible at all?  If so, how?


Question from gren in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Disable automatic contacts
May 23, 2009 at 7:45 am

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/updates-to-gmail-contact-manager.html
and
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/07/gmail-to-no-longer-auto-add-contacts.html

Why can't I use this feature? My contacts still are added automatically. Thanks for your help.


Question from widget27 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

why cant i see the photoes of my buddy in Gmail chat?
May 23, 2009 at 6:00 am

my buddy upload a photo to his profile in the chat but i cant see it.

all i can see is GMAIL-IMAGE :(


Question from yoh in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Email attack
May 23, 2009 at 5:19 am

How do I report to gmail an email address that is being used to attacking websites?


Question from Jaymp in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

3 replies

how can i am chat with people
May 23, 2009 at 4:01 am



Question from aaaaaasdd in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Saving a contact from an incoming message
May 23, 2009 at 12:46 am

The help menu say to click on the down arrow next to Reply and click on save contact.  That is not an option on the drop down menu.  The regular help menu tells me to click on the contact section on the left side of the screen, type in the new contact's address and save.  There is not an option to save.  Now what.


Question from Lindak211 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

How do I sync Blackberry Address Book with GMail Contacts?
May 22, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Is there an app or a method for copying the address list from my blackberry to my GMail?


Question from RPWallace in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Gmail video issue with skype
May 22, 2009 at 10:20 pm

My webcam worked fine in Skype and then I installed Gmail video chat and it worked fine there.  Then I went back to Skype and it no longer can find my webcam. I assume I need to just uninstall the Gmail video as I tend to have more contacts that use Skype. Is there a work around?


Question from judygailh in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Some email addresses not in the correct form
May 22, 2009 at 8:36 pm

When trying to send email to multiple BCC email addresses Google tells me some of the addresses are not in the proper form, but it does not tell me which ones.  I have checked every address, and they are all formed exactly the same way XXX@SSS.XXX.  Why would such a technologically advanced company not include such a minor bit of information as which address is incorrect?  Even Excel can tell you where the formula is wrong.


Question from knoyds in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet
 

This email was sent to riku221199@gmail.comCreate Your Account
Don't want to receive this feed any longer? Unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment