Sunday, May 24, 2009

5/25 Contacts and Chat Questions

Please add updates@feedmyinbox.com to your address book to make sure you receive these messages in the future.
Contacts and Chat Questions Feed My Inbox

Video Chat Stopped Working
May 24, 2009 at 6:09 pm

I did the google sync with mobile, but before I did that, I accidently deleted all my contacts.

No biggie, I re-added the important ones.

Now, when they are in the chat list, there is no dot next to their names anymore.

And, when I go to the usual place where it says "start video chat", it instead says "video chat is not yet available for ___'s system. Learn More"

Clicking on learn more does not do anything, and both me and the other person have the plug-in installed (we have the green camera next to our own names).

Why are the dots not showing up, and why is the other persons's system "not ready" - it worked fine this morning!


Question from cscholberg in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Have many the ability to chat from one account using your other gmail accounts?
May 24, 2009 at 6:03 pm

I was wondering if there was any way that you could use you different accounts that are forwarding to a single account,
to have the ability to chat with those different usernames in one single account? I know meebo.com does it with multiple accounts with many different mail accounts (gmail, yahoo,etc.), I just wanted to know if it was possible and if, how or will it become available.

Thanks

-Ben


Question from chunghob in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Firefox crashing
May 24, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Firefox crashing hourly; Always while Gmail is open. I have very few Add-Ons, which are not problematic (McAfee Site Advisor, etc . . .).
There appears to be a connection between the two. Gmail is causing Firefox to crash.


Question from Pastahead in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Why did the picture I chose to show up in my chat box dissapear on the settings page then not appear on my chat box?
May 24, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I clicked add a picture in my chat box. Then I selected a picture by clicking browse to show up in my chat box on the general settings page. Then the picture disappeared in the settings page. When i scrolled down, it would not let me save changes. I moused over my chat box and no picture was there. Only the gray person everyone has if they did not have a picture for their chat box. I tried refreshing, logging off then back on, and restarting my computer. This keeps happening everyday and i still can't put a picture in my chat box!


Question from Kitkatdancer in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

My contacts show up in alphabetical order with the first name first. How can I change this?
May 24, 2009 at 5:47 pm




Question from john.coggie in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

imported contacts - leading "+" missing!
May 24, 2009 at 4:34 pm

Hi all,

I recenttly exported my address book from my phone to a .csv file, then imported into gmail. It worked ok, but there are 2 issues I've noted:

1. Many of the contacts were imported without the leading "+"
e.g. the original contact was "+441411234567" which would dial country code 44 (UK), area code 141 (Glasgow), phone number 1234567. In gmail, this shows up as "441411234567", which does not dial from my new phone (which pulls its contact list from gmail). Is there any way to auto-fix this? I would do it manually, but I have over a thousand contacts!

2. The new contacts may have had slightly different names from the existing gmail contacts. Is there an easy way to merge/remove duplicate contacts? I searched the forum, but most of the answers suggested that this feature was not yet available. I didn't see any recent updates to this question, so I felt it best to ask.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lee


Question from leeko in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How do I change the name that shows up in other people's chat when I write?
May 24, 2009 at 4:10 pm

I changed the name that shows up in people's inbox, but when people get my chats, my old name shows up


Question from greenmail in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

getting password for deceased people
May 24, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Hi My brother passed away 50 days . He has gmail account, we need to open for some family purpose. we can provide what ever documentation required.  Pls let me know the procedure


Question from tallamsiva in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

What are the image limitation or uploading a contact photo?
May 24, 2009 at 3:28 pm

I started with a 272x330 JPG.  Figuring that it needed to be square, I cropped it in Photoshop to 272x272.  The messge I got back was:  The file you selected could not be uploaded. It may be too large or it
was not a valid image file. Please select another file or click the
upload button to try again.  Since JPG is one of the acceptable file types, I tried reducing the image to 256x256 and then 128x128 and finally 64x64.  In every case, I got the same message.  What else might be the reason that the photo is being rejected?

Thanks,
Rob



Question from Caspersgrin in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

why is Gmail chat blocked on my computer, and why are my contacts not showing on the left side?
May 24, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I can't chat on my Gmail for some wierd reason, and its really frustrating. Also, none of my contacts are showing on the left side, so I can't chat with anyone or see who is on or not!!!!!! its making me mad!!! Whats wrong???????????????


Question from musicaldancinlex in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Cannot open my contacts
May 24, 2009 at 2:35 pm

a blue screen pops up and then program freezes


Question from judyq.mail in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

chat pic isn't working!!!!!!!!!!
May 24, 2009 at 2:34 pm

I can't get my picture to show up in gmail chat.  I've done it a million times before but it doesn't want to work now.


Question from katie... me in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

No one can see my chat picture
May 24, 2009 at 2:00 pm

I uploaded a new picture like tons of time but it woun't show up for my chat picture please fix it.


Question from horsegirly in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

how do I display more info on my contact list. Like company name and phone number
May 24, 2009 at 1:36 pm




Question from cu6r in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Want to install video web and voice,but says error1603 anyone know how to fix this?
May 24, 2009 at 1:32 pm



Question from bibimendez. in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Continous Task
May 24, 2009 at 11:51 am

I was wondering if it is possible to make the same task appear on multiple days? There is something I need to do three times a day seven days a week.

Thanks

Robin


Question from gudelisassistant in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Is there logon time stamp?
May 24, 2009 at 11:31 am

Often, I like to know when my friends logon.  Be it chatting or sending an simple email.  A time stamp would really help.  Any idea how I can access that feature?


Question from ecor in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

3 replies

gmail hijacked my yahoo contacts. I still want yahoo as primary. How do I fix?
May 24, 2009 at 11:24 am



Question from intrepid0rjk in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Why wont my profile chat picture change?
May 24, 2009 at 9:43 am

I have the picture, but when i click save on the settings page it turns to the word "picture". Does anyone know why it wont change?


Question from salisburya in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

can anyone tell me how to import my contacts from my Windows live account
May 24, 2009 at 9:23 am

How do we import from a windows live account, we have had that account for many years and all our contacts are there?


Question from rusmcsinc in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

video chat
May 24, 2009 at 3:55 am

I was installing immediately the Video Chat as it appeared and I used the it within Gmail on Chrome. Suddenly I could not use it, and I could not install it anymore (working)... Is it a Win Vista SP1 issue? I hope that there is a fix this soon, I guess I am not the only one, who would like to use Video Chat in Gmail with Vista SP1.... If there is already a solution for this, please let me know.


Question from akos in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

My all Chat Contacts replaced with unknown contact "w_cole122"
May 24, 2009 at 3:32 am

Is this result of some hacker attack or illegal access to my gmail account?

Bye



Question from mkango in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Can you chat with multiple users at once?
May 24, 2009 at 3:15 am



Question from alexkyllonen in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Where are video files from gmail video chat saved on my computer?
May 24, 2009 at 1:53 am

Ie what is the file path to be able see the video chats that i have had again?


Question from jbursy in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How to confirmly save chat...............
May 23, 2009 at 10:57 pm

Hi..
I want to get saved All my Chat.....So what Should I do?
what is the default sattings to save chat.......
I have different experiences , Ones I started chat from replying mail,then I get only replied Text from my friend in my saved chat,I want both whatever I chat & he replied....

then once, My friend had ping me & chat with me ,but I found only last reply in my saved chat rather than Whole chat  Why whole chat was not saved?

Also once, I chat with my friend started from my Gmail Account but then I use orkut for chat ,So only half chat was saved  rather then All.why?

In short, If I want to save my whole chat in my gmail Account whenever I do chat, What care should i take,Please Suggest me.........

thanks in Advance.........


Question from Hardik_ in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

video chat wont install on a imac?
May 23, 2009 at 10:24 pm

i use safari 10. 4 or firefox, says not available for mac computers?? what does that mean?  


Question from juliasilver68 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

what do i have to do if i want to see someone on there cam if i don't have one
May 23, 2009 at 9:36 pm



Question from 50andluvenit in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Video Chat problem
May 23, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Dear Sir,
My video Chat is not getting start even after installing it into my lap top i am still able to Video chat with my friends.
Please help to solve this problem
Regards
Ramkumar


Question from Ramkumar.Wariyar in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Unsending chat request via email
May 23, 2009 at 8:12 pm

it hasnt been read yet is there any hope?


Question from asugarbow4u in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet
 

This email was sent to riku221199@gmail.comCreate Your Account
Don't want to receive this feed any longer? Unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment