Friday, May 22, 2009

5/23 Contacts and Chat Questions

Please add updates@feedmyinbox.com to your address book to make sure you receive these messages in the future.
Contacts and Chat Questions Feed My Inbox

help! How do I change my name for chat?
May 22, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I saved the correct name for "send mail as" but it doesn't appear that way on my contacts' chat list.


Question from anita88 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Webcam issue - unknown driver - no image being displayed
May 22, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I bought a cheapo webcam off of ebay, it doesn't have a brand name on it even.  It is plug and play and works perfectly fine on Skype.  When I try to use it on gmail (which I prefer b/c of the superior audio quality) my camera won't broadcast anything. 

On the Gmail settings it says that it is a USB Video Device, which the Gmail help says means I am using the generic Windows drivers to support it.  However, I have no way of figuring out what the drivers are for this webcam since it is from China and has no brand name on it, nor did it come with a CD of any kind.

Am I just screwed with Gmail?  If so, why does it work on Skype so well but not display an image here?


Question from kris22 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Webcam problems - no driver known, getting a blank screen on video chat
May 22, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I bought a cheapo webcam off of ebay, it doesn't have a brand name on it even.  It is plug and play and works perfectly fine on Skype.  When I try to use it on gmail (which I prefer b/c of the superior audio quality) my camera won't broadcast anything. 

On the Gmail settings it says that it is a USB Video Device, which the Gmail help says means I am using the generic Windows drivers to support it.  However, I have no way of figuring out what the drivers are for this webcam since it is from China and has no brand name on it, nor did it come with a CD of any kind.

Am I just screwed with Gmail?  If so, why does it work on Skype so well but not display an image here?


Question from kris22 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

My picture will not change.
May 22, 2009 at 6:14 pm

I have always been able to upload a new picture. But this time, no matter how many times I put in the new one and saved the changes, the new one would not appear.


Question from pirategirl918 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

In Contacts where is "Recent conversations: Show"? It's in the regular gmail i want it in apps. please.
May 22, 2009 at 5:51 pm




Question from Justin1234 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I know someone who has Gmail and I want to send them my Gmail address, is there the ability to search for their address?
May 22, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I just opened a gmail account and wanted to let a friend of mine know, I thought I had their gmail address but I don't, is there the ability to 'search' gmail to find them?


Question from w961by3 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

gmail contacts and blackberry
May 22, 2009 at 3:19 pm

im trying to get my contacts from my gmail account on to my blackberry, the CSV  file is not working and i cant seem to sync my blackberry with windows mail(the new version of outlook) does anyone have any answes.???


Question from schaelove in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Whats the problem with quick contacts in my profile as not seen on left side between contacts
May 22, 2009 at 3:04 pm

I can't see who is online i.e., green, red or orange signal with their contacts name on left side of home page of gmail between contacts & lable. Because of that I can't chat with my friends when I am online on gmail.


Question from eshwar darak in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

How do I manage my contact list to show surnames first
May 22, 2009 at 2:48 pm



Question from deroston in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

gmail chat custom messages are cleared automatically
May 22, 2009 at 2:28 pm

hi,

My custom messages are cleared automatically after some days. I actually do not clear these messages.It would be there for some days but one fine day i login and see there are no custom messages.Any idea on this??


Question from Mickymouse in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I am new.. can I import email addresses from other email accounts eg aol.. msn hotmail
May 22, 2009 at 2:27 pm



Question from Kodell in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

I lost all my conacts
May 22, 2009 at 2:07 pm

This afternoon I found all my contacts are GONE, anyone working on this?


Question from tscrosby in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

2 replies

My gmail is spoofed and all my contacts are gone.
May 22, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Hi, I just changed my password and security question.

Some one is sending spam mails using my gmail address?

I received spam to my hotmail from my gmail and looks like spam mails were

send to all my gmail contacts! OMG.

 

Now, all my gmail contacts are gone.

I still have emails in my inbox and sent mails.

Is there any way I can get my contacts back or did I lose them forever?

 

Thanks for your help/


Question from leah0908 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

Answered (2 replies)

Can I share or assign tasks to others?
May 22, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Google docs and the calender have been great for my small business and I can share my calender with them and see their calenders which is SO helpful.  thanks

What I also would like to do is be able to send out a specific task that would appear on their calender and perhaps even update when they complete it so I know it was done.  I know I AM asking for a lot but I think it would be so beneficial to small businesses and you might get more people on board if you do integrate that.


Question from sampsomonium in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Is there a way to keep blocked contacts from being able to view my profile photo?
May 22, 2009 at 11:05 am

I'm curious if blocked contacts are able to view my profile photo, and if so, if there's a way to keep that contact from being able to view it. 


Question from so_sunny in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

WEBCAM NOT SHOWING VIDEO
May 22, 2009 at 10:22 am

I have a Emprex WebCam, - a very low end Webcam;  it worked fine with the Skype software very well and I was able to communicate with my friends around. I installed the Google Vide Chat Plugin from bang ! from there on the Webcam is not showing me any video either thru the Google Chat opotion in my Gmail account or thru the Skype software. I do not use the GTalk software.

Where isthe problem ? whats the issue ? Can some one help me out please ....Is Google selling Logitec's product indirectly by making customers buy them ? I hope so not...


Question from SAJUMD in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

user problem and a request to Google for assistance - Abuse Prevention with SMS
May 22, 2009 at 10:17 am

This posting has 3 sections:
Scenario
Problem
Request to Google
Conclusion

Scenario:
I am a senior citizen user who is just beginning to get into the 21st century.

I began using GMail to send SMS to friends and family's cell phones couple of months ago. Many of us are unaccustomed to using this facility and in my case, I have never used it for 2-way communication. It was simple a tool to send a one-time message to someone I knew.

I have sent, maybe, 7 one-way SMS messages per week since starting use of my GMail for this to people in my contact list. (Personal friends and family)

Problem:
Somehow, and I am NOT sure what logic is in place at Google, but I was barred, yesterday (5/21/2009) from using the GMail SMS service as I get this message now..." (one is when I try to send to my son and another when I try to send to any other contact)

 
As you can see from above, I get
Bryce must reply before you can send more messages
Your message could not be delivered because ... (translates to "you are now barred from ever sending again")
By clicking "Learn more" above, I get am sent to the following site which shows:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=106062    shows
___________________________________________
Abuse prevention with SMS

If you send too many messages from web to mobile, without mobile responding, the web user will get blocked.

To prevent abuse, any Gmail user who sends an excessive number of SMS messages from Gmail, without getting any responses in return, will be blocked from sending further SMS messages.
___________________________________________

Request to Google:
There should be a startup explanation to ANY Gmail user who begins to use this SMS functions to explain how any user can lose his privaledge when using SMS to communicate with people in his contact list. This ruling is NOT obvious to me (and I must admit, maybe to others as well).

Further, there should be some measure or mechanism available to users who inadvertently lose their privaledge to appeal to Google for understanding and reversal.

If there is a department that addresses usability issues particularly as it relates to Senior Citizen Users, I am interested in working with Google to improve the experience. "Anything that make it easy for seniors will benefit the general masses".

Conclusion
So far, I have NOT found a path on Google to address this. Even here, in Gmail posting, there is NO Category for SMS. Further, I am not sure if this is a correct method to report these kinds of things to Google , since this is my 1st time trying to tell them of a problem with their procedure or process.
Help if you can



Question from gcmartin2 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

regarding network administrator blocking gmail chat
May 22, 2009 at 9:54 am

Hi, I've noticed a message saying my network administrator has blocked gmail chat.  Who is my network administrator?  Not that I'm really interested in using gmail chat right now, just in knowing who has access to my emails.

 


Question from endbullyingnow in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Help!!! contacts duplicated
May 22, 2009 at 9:48 am

Hi, im having some problems while import google contacts into my gmail acount. when i export and fowart my director's contacts and he imports it,  the contatcs became duplicated and not merge with the old contacts... 

the duplicated contacs appear with some "?" like: ???contact?? ...




Question from Diogo.Costa in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

help me i need contacts
May 22, 2009 at 9:35 am



Question from tiara.narainsamy in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

in my gmail id my chat has been disabled.....what to do
May 22, 2009 at 5:39 am




Question from rajkumarn in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

Regarding Photo upload
May 22, 2009 at 4:59 am

Hi,

I have added my photo 3 weeks before through settings option from gmail. It is appearing when I roll out on my name with my login. But it is not appearing to my friends who are there in my chat list. I have chosen the option 'Visible to all'. Can you plz help me in this.

 

 


Question from Pavan4u in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Gmail chat issue.
May 22, 2009 at 4:58 am

When i get online in gmail, My whole online & offline friends list
get change instead of whole list it appears only 1 name in all.
Whenever someone gets online or offline list get changed with that
name. Now how to solve this problem..??



Question from xpress09 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

is google internet payday real or scam?
May 22, 2009 at 4:50 am




Question from dedon in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

what is to done when my chat is disabled
May 22, 2009 at 3:52 am

My chat has been disabled


Question from aaukali in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

hi
May 22, 2009 at 3:27 am

hi


Question from akconsultants in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Suggestion: Private Contacts
May 22, 2009 at 2:50 am

Hi

Today many sites offer to import your address book directly from your email to invite them.
Some give the option to select the addresses whom you would like to invite while others directly send invitation to all contacts.
In latter situation it would be quite embarrassing to invite your boss to some silly social networking site.
So the idea is to have a section in Contacts called private contacts which should not be imported by other sites, exceptional case being the contacts imported to your pc.

What say!

Thank you.


Question from V I N A Y in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

What does the timer as the status mean?
May 22, 2009 at 2:39 am

I am new to chatting online.  I sent a message to one of my friends and her status is now showing as an orange timer (looks like a clock). What does that mean?


Question from karinajr01 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

why doesn't my gmail picture change in the chattin region?
May 22, 2009 at 12:49 am




Question from anuav.mallesh in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

how can I organize my contacts by last name, instead of first?
May 21, 2009 at 10:59 pm




Question from lrgobgyn in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

1 reply

how to find if a person in my chat list has blocked me or not?
May 21, 2009 at 10:38 pm




Question from bubli in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

What number do I give my friend in the 10 second time period (GOOGLE TALK)
May 21, 2009 at 9:27 pm

What number do I give my friend in the 10 second time period for (GOOGLE TALK)

 

I reach him and then after 10 seconds the call ends. I don't know what number to give to him to call me back at

 

please help.

 

 

thanks

 

 


Question from greek1910 in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

Need to find most recently emailed contacts
May 21, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Hi,

I had a personal email message in my account, which has been forwarded to a group of people by an unknown person. I could not find this email in sent items or trash and I know that there is no way to recover permanently deleted email messages.

 

To find out who this person might be, it would certainly help if I can find out to whom this email was sent to. I need to find out the list of contacts to whom I emailed most recently. This is a matter of very high importance since this was a very personal email message and was not supposed to go out anywhere. Your help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks for your help,

Naren


Question from meetnaren in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet

voice and video chat download
May 21, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Hi Peter,  unfortunately,  I am currently having the exact same problem with my imac.


Question from CSttip in Gmail - Contacts and Chat

No replies yet
 

This email was sent to riku221199@gmail.comCreate Your Account
Don't want to receive this feed any longer? Unsubscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment